Retinol is one of the most studied and recommended skincare ingredient. With different versions on the market and all the attention that it takes, some people still don't know what is it, how it works and how to use. Retinol is vitamin A and is known to target visible signs of aging, minimize appearance of wrinkles, speed up cell turnover, fade pigmentation, even skin tone & texture over time to deliver healthy youthful complexion.
Our Renew Gentle Retinol Night Serum is an amazing pro-aging and youth-restoring multi-faceted formula combining both whole-plant derived vitamin A found in Bakuchi, Buriti & Beta-carotene derived from Algae and vegan encapsulated retinol; a stable gentle retinol that penetrates the epidermal barrier and delivers optimal results (free of BHT; a synthetic preservative that causes irritation).
Using any retinol-based product can be intimidating for many individuals. To help you understand our formula better and how it works, below are some helpful tips on how to use with Scentual Aroma Routine to achieve best results.
What to Know Before Using Retinol?
1. Retinol is not recommended to be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
2. Use Retinol at night to help protect skin from sun exposure and ensure efficacy of the product.
3. Using proper sun protection is very important! Retinols have exfoliating properties making skin vulnerable to sun damage; therefore, proper sun protection is crucial.
4. Retinoids work slowly. Patience and consistency are key. It can take several weeks to see significant improvement in your skin’s texture and tone. Stick with it and you will be rewarded with smoother, glowing and youthful-looking skin. It is So worth the wait!
How to Incorporate RENEW Gentle Retinol Night Serum into your Skincare Routine?
The rule of thumb is to start in small increments and build it gradually! Start by applying 4-5 drops onto clean damp skin at night. To start, use 2-3 nights per week and slowly build to every night as your skin adjusts. It is very important to use sunscreen daily to protect your skin as Retinols have exfoliating properties and may increase skin sensitivity to UV rays.
Who should use our Renew Gentle Retinol Night Serum?
Retinol is regarded the star ingredient in pro-aging products. Skin experts recommend it for oily skin, acne, uneven skin tone, uneven skin texture, fine lines or to get healthy glowing skin. Our Renew Retinol Gentle Night Serum is not only beneficial for mature skin and acne prone, it is formulated with sensitive skin in mind and retinol beginners. An amazing skincare addition to target fine line & wrinkles, age spots, uneven skin tone, roughness and breakouts all without the negative sensitizing effects associated with conventional retinoids.
How to Use Renew Gentle Retinol Night Serum with Scentual Aroma Routine?
Retinol is considered an active ingredient. If you want to get the most out of your Retinol Serum, it must be applied first right after cleansing and misting during the PM routine.
The order will be the following if you are using Scentual Aroma Routine:
- Cleanse with our Replenish Gentle Cleansing Balm and or/ our Charcoal Detox Face Cleanser.
- Mist and prep your skin with our Balance Rose Hydrating Elixir.
- Apply 4-5 drops of Renew Gentle Retinol Night Serum onto clean damp skin at night. Let it absorb fully for few minutes then follow with our treating serums or moisturizers including our Intensive Youth Concentrate and or our Beauty Balm. We like using our Beauty Balm as the last step because it helps repair and strengthen the skin barrier and calm any skin irritation if any.